Alaska - Disputing Public Records

Criminal Records

Obtaining an Official Record

Alaska requires you to mail your request for public records for all jurisdictions except Anchorage.

If the record's jurisdiction is Anchorage, you can email your request to [email protected] or fax it to (907) 264-0610 (if you live in Anchorage) or (907) 264-0873 (if you reside outside of Anchorage). You must complete the form below and send it with your request:

If your record occurred in 1990 or later, you may be able to access the record online:

Sealing/Expunging Records

Alaska does not have a legal provision allowing individuals to expunge their criminal records. However, if the criminal record contains a mistake or resulted from misinformation, a request may be made to have it sealed. Under AS 12.62.180, a criminal justice agency may seal only the information that the agency is responsible for maintaining. A person may submit a written request to the head of the agency responsible for maintaining past conviction or current offender information. The request asks the agency to seal information about the person that resulted from mistaken identity or false accusation. To request that a criminal record in Alaska be sealed, follow these steps:

Civil Records

Civil records generally include judgments, liens and evictions, as well as other family and small claims cases.

The most efficient way to dispute a civil record in Alaska is to contact the court in which the record was filed.


Bankruptcies can stay on your credit record for as long as 10 years. The most important place these records can affect you is on your credit report. To dispute a bankruptcy record that is inaccurate, contact each of the three major U.S. credit bureaus. Each has a process online for disputing records that appear on your file.

Disputing the actual public record can be much more challenging since the consumer is the one who files for the bankruptcy in the first place. More information can be found on the United States Courts website.

General Contact Information

Alaska Department of Public Safety
R&I - Quality Assurance Unit
5700 E. Tudor Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
Phone: (907) 269-5511 website
Contact Information for all Alaska Courts

U.S. Court Locator

Locate any court in the United States:

Public Records Disclaimer is providing Public Records dispute information as a public service. We make every effort to ensure information is accurate. However, laws change and we cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this Public Records information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites. If you find something that is out-of-date, please let us know so we can get it fixed.