Arizona - Disputing Public Records

Criminal Records

Obtaining an Official Record

The Criminal History Records Section serves as the Central State Repository for criminal records in the State of Arizona. You may request a copy of your Arizona criminal record if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete. To request your Arizona criminal history record, you will need to obtain a Record Review Packet.

Fixing Errors

You can challenge your criminal record by completing the "Review and Challenge of Arizona Criminal History Record Information" form which will be mailed to you with the results of the record review. (see above section)

Complete the Review and Challenge form and mail it to the Criminal History Records Section at the address listed on the Review and Challenge Form. The Central State Repository will audit the information you have indicated as being either inaccurate or incomplete by contacting the criminal justice agency/agencies within Arizona that provided the information to the Central State Repository in order to verify the data.

If a correction is necessary:

  • The Central State Repository will update/modify your criminal record and notify the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of any modifications to ensure the state and federal records are synchronized.
  • The audit result will be mailed to you with a copy of your updated criminal record, if applicable.
  • You should receive a response within 15 days of your request.

More information about your rights and the resources available to you are availabe at Arizona Department of Public Safety

Civil Records

Civil records generally include judgments, liens and evictions, as well as other family and small claims cases.

Obtaining an Official Record

Most Arizona eviction records are available via the online case search search below:

Fixing Errors

The most efficient way to dispute a civil record in Arizona is to contact the court in which the record was filed.


Bankruptcies can stay on your credit record for as long as 10 years. The most important place these records can affect you is on your credit report. To dispute a bankruptcy record that is inaccurate, contact each of the three major U.S. credit bureaus. Each has a process online for disputing records that appear on your file.

Disputing the actual public record can be much more challenging since the consumer is the one who files for the bankruptcy in the first place. More information can be found on the United States Courts website.

General Contact Information

Arizona Department of Public Safety
2102 W Encanto Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85009

Arizona Administrative Office of the Courts
Arizona Supreme Court
1501 W. Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Clerk of the Court: (602) 452-3396

U.S. Court Locator

Locate any court in the United States:

Public Records Disclaimer is providing Public Records dispute information as a public service. We make every effort to ensure information is accurate. However, laws change and we cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this Public Records information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites. If you find something that is out-of-date, please let us know so we can get it fixed.