Arkansas - Disputing Public Records

Criminal Records

Obtaining an Official Record

Many records can be found online at the Arkansas Judiciary Docket Search website.

Sealing/Expunging Records

In Arkansas, generally you must have pleaded guilty or nolo contendere (no contest) to qualify for expungement. You must have been sentenced under a statute that allows for expungement and you must have completed all the terms and conditions of your probation. You cannot have prior felony convictions. For more extensive information on the expungment process in Arkansas, please review this Expungement Fact Sheet.

If you qualify for expungement, you can begin the process online:

Civil Records

Civil records generally include judgments, liens and evictions, as well as other family and small claims cases.

The most efficient way to dispute a civil record in Arkansas is to contact the court in which the record was filed.


Bankruptcies can stay on your credit record for as long as 10 years. The most important place these records can affect you is on your credit report. To dispute a bankruptcy record that is inaccurate, contact each of the three major U.S. credit bureaus. Each has a process online for disputing records that appear on your file.

Disputing the actual public record can be much more challenging since the consumer is the one who files for the bankruptcy in the first place. More information can be found on the United States Courts website.

General Contact Information

Arkansas Administrative Office of the Courts
Justice Building
625 Marshall Street
Suite 1100
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: 501-682-9400
Fax: 501-682-9410

County courts
District courts

Arkansas State Police
One State Police Plaza Dr
Little Rock, AR 72209

U.S. Court Locator

Locate any court in the United States:

Public Records Disclaimer is providing Public Records dispute information as a public service. We make every effort to ensure information is accurate. However, laws change and we cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this Public Records information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites. If you find something that is out-of-date, please let us know so we can get it fixed.