Nebraska - Disputing Public Records

Criminal Records

Obtaining an Official Record

The Nebraska State Patrol is in charge of providing official criminal records. To request a copy, you'll need to complete a request form and pay a fee. To pay by credit card and file the record request online, go to:

To request records by mail or in person, first print out and complete a Criminal History Record Request Form, then follow these instructions.

Sealing/Expunging Records

Here are some resources for dealing with criminal records in Nebraska:

Civil Records

Civil records generally include judgments, liens and evictions, as well as other family and small claims cases.

The most efficient way to dispute a civil record in Nebraska is to contact the court in which the record was filed.


Bankruptcies can stay on your credit record for as long as 10 years. The most important place these records can affect you is on your credit report. To dispute a bankruptcy record that is inaccurate, contact each of the three major U.S. credit bureaus. Each has a process online for disputing records that appear on your file.

Disputing the actual public record can be much more challenging since the consumer is the one who files for the bankruptcy in the first place. More information can be found on the United States Courts website.

General Contact Information

Nebraska State Patrol
P.O. Box 94907
Lincoln, NE 68509
(402) 471-4545

Nebraska Supreme Court
Administrative Office of the Courts
P.O. Box 98910
Lincoln, NE 68509
(402) 471-3730

U.S. Court Locator

Locate any court in the United States:

Public Records Disclaimer is providing Public Records dispute information as a public service. We make every effort to ensure information is accurate. However, laws change and we cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this Public Records information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites. If you find something that is out-of-date, please let us know so we can get it fixed.