New Hampshire - Disputing Public Records

Criminal Records

Obtaining an Official Record

To obtain an official copy of your criminal record in New Hampshire, complete a Criminal Record Release Authorization Form, then follow these instructions.

Sealing/Expunging Records

New Hampshire has different forms and processes for expunging or sealing criminal records depending on the type of offense involved. See the General Contact Information below for sources of more information.

Civil Records

Civil records generally include judgments, liens and evictions, as well as other family and small claims cases.

The most efficient way to dispute a civil record in New Hampshire is to contact the court in which the record was filed.


Bankruptcies can stay on your credit record for as long as 10 years. The most important place these records can affect you is on your credit report. To dispute a bankruptcy record that is inaccurate, contact each of the three major U.S. credit bureaus. Each has a process online for disputing records that appear on your file.

Disputing the actual public record can be much more challenging since the consumer is the one who files for the bankruptcy in the first place. More information can be found on the United States Courts website.

General Contact Information

New Hampshire Department of Safety
Division of State Police
Central Repository for Criminal Records
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
(603) 223-3867
Support Services Bureau, Criminal Records Unit website

New Hampshire Administrative Office of the Courts
Two Charles Doe Drive
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2521

U.S. Court Locator

Locate any court in the United States:

Public Records Disclaimer is providing Public Records dispute information as a public service. We make every effort to ensure information is accurate. However, laws change and we cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.

We do not intend this Public Records information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites. If you find something that is out-of-date, please let us know so we can get it fixed.